Connemara Credit Union Ltd offers a Bureau de Change through FEXCO
(Foreign Exchange Company of Ireland). Our aim is to provide a convenient,
better value service to members in their foreign currency requirements.
- We sell foreign notes, and we will buy back, commission free, any unused currencies
- We have over 40 currencies available to order
- No minimum spend
- 0% Commission for members
- Most common currencies are readily available on demand e.g. Sterling, US Dollars, and other currencies are available within 2 -3 working days
Please contact our office for daily rates (095 21101)
Connemara Credit Union Ltd is required to collect certain information in order to comply with Irish, European and International Legislation in relation to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) regardless of the value of the Foreign Exchange Transaction. The following verification may be required:
- Membership Number
- Date of Birth
Foreign Exchange Transaction Equals, Exceeds or Accumulates over €10,000 in a rolling 6-month period:
All of the above plus:
- Proof of Identity: A copy of Passport, Driver’s licence, A National Identity Card, Garda ML10 Identity form*
- Proof of Address: A copy of a Utility Bill, Correspondence from a Regulated Financial Institution, a Government Department or The Revenue Commissioners*
- Information regarding the source or purpose of the funds i.e. Car Purchase or Sale, Emigration / Immigration, Gift, Holiday, House Purchase / Sale, Inheritance, Pension Fund or Other.
- Information regarding the beneficial owner of funds if not you. This information will also allow the Credit Union comply with our obligations under Irish, European and international Legislation in relation to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF).
* All items should be dated within the last 3 months