Joining is Easy! To be eligible for membership of Connemara Credit Union Limited you must be living or working within our common bond area.
The common bond is the factor which unites all the members of Connemara Credit Union Limited – it is what all members have in common i.e. where they live or work. Because of the common bond, all members have the good of their credit union at heart; they know and trust each other.
- A once off €1 administration fee along with a minimum lodgement of €5 is required to activate your account.
For Adults (over 16 years of age)
To open an account in Connemara Credit Union you will be asked to provide the following original documents:
- Current photo ID (one of the following documents): Passport, Driving Licence, National Identity Card, Form ML10.
- Proof of address (one of the following documents which must be dated within the last three months): Revenue Commissioners/Department of Protection letter, local authority document, bank, building society or credit card statement, utility bill, household or motor insurance certificate.
- Proof of PPS number*: this appears on many items including Revenue correspondence, payslips, PPS Card (Please note we are unable to accept the new Public Service Card), Medical Card, E111 Card, Drug Payments Card
- For those living outside the common bond but working within it, proof of employment is required (a letter from your employer or payslip dated within last three months).
For Juveniles (under 16 years of age)
- Original Birth Certificate or Passport
- PPS number verified on official documentation
- Proof of parent’s identification e.g. passport, driving licence
- Proof of parent’s address e.g. current utility bill (dated within the last 3 months)
Joining is easy and will only take a few minutes….
*In compliance with the OECD Common Reporting Standard which came into effect on 1st January 2016, Connemara Credit Union Ltd is required to seek information on the tax residency of all of its members. To this effect, all new members must sign a self-certification relating to their tax residency and provide their tax identification number, if tax resident outside of the Republic of Ireland. Failure to sign this self-certification & provide this tax identification number will mean that we cannot open account for you.
Our Credit Union lets people in the community come together to save and borrow money at low rates, and is operated on a not-for-profit basis, with surpluses being used to strengthen the Credit Union and a portion being returned directly to members.